Description: Bruschetta is an Italian appetizer consisting of a slice of bread toasted or grilled with olive oil, rubbed with raw garlic, and topped with olive oil and salt. There are many different types of bruschetta. Especially in November, it is mostly served without topping to taste the first oil of the season. It is authentically prepared on a charcoal grill to roast the slices. The classic bruschetta is prepared with marinated tomatoes and basil on a toasted baguette. This classic
bruschetta is easy. Simple and fresh Italian appetizer that just explodes in your mouth with flavors.
Prep time: 20 mins Bake time: 1015 mins Total time:
3036 mins Servings: 4
Ingredients: Multigrain baguette sourdough bread or 1 loaf (150g) (any rustic Italian or French bread) tomato (finely chopped)
4 basil leaves (Italian) 6 7 Extra virgin olive oil 4 tablespoons salt (coarse) to taste Garlic (halved) 1 clove Preparation:
• First take the chopped tomatoes and (with your fingers) tear the hazel leaves into a bowl.
• Drizzle over 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Leave to rest for at least half an hour to marinate
Cut the baguette at an angle, place it on a baking tray, and brush with olive oil.
Roast the slices in a preheated oven at 190 °C for 1015 minutes or until they turn light brown on top.
• Once you remove the roast from the oven, gently rub the cut end of the raw garlic clove on both sides of the toast.
• Top each slice of toast with marinated tomatoes.
Decorate with freshly chopped basil and grated cheese.
1. For the best flavor, shred the basil with your fingers.
2. Instead of the oven, you can also use a toaster to toast the bread slices.