Is it safe to exercise during pregnancy?
For a healthy individual who is looking forward to a healthy pregnancy, it is advisable to exercise depending on what the doctor has to say. In the early stages prenatal visits are a must to ensure you are taking the necessary precautions. If your gynaecologist gives you an heads up to exercise, you can discuss what activities you can do safely.
Are there any benefits of exercise during pregnancy?
There a many benefits of exercising. It helps maintain the body and keeps you fit even during pregnancy.
- Reduces back pain
- Eases constipation
- May decrease your risk of gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and c-section delivery
- Promotes healthy weight gain during pregnancy
- Improves your overall general fitness and strengthens your heart and blood vessels
- Helps you to lose the baby weight after your baby is born
What are the changes that a body goes through during pregnancy?
During pregnancy the body goes through infinite number of changes whether it is fat or stretch marks or change in shape or sore breasts and many more. The major changes that are noticed at first are in regards to your muscles, breathing and your body balance in which your posture plays a vital role.
What are the safe exercises during pregnancy?
There are quite a few safe exercises, some of them happen to be:
- Walking gives a total body workout and is easy on the joints and muscles.
- Water workouts use many of the body’s muscles. The water supports your weight so you avoid injury and muscle strain.
- Yoga reduces stress, improves flexibility, and encourages stretching and focused breathing. You should avoid poses that require you to be still or lie on your back for long periods.
When do you know you should stop working out?
If you face any of these symptoms you should know it’s time to get some rest:
- Bleeding from the vagina
- Feeling dizzy or faint
- Shortness of breath before starting exercise
- Chest pain
- Muscle weakness
- Calf pain or swelling
- Regular, painful contractions of the uterus
- Fluid gushing or leaking from the vagina
What are the best strength and flexibility exercises I can do while I’m pregnant?
Strength and flexibility exercise helps one build stronger muscles and maintains the fitness of the body that is helpful during labour in the later stages. It boosts energy and never keeps you feeling lazy. Some of the best strength exercises are:
- Weight lifting
- Tai Chi
Exercise is an essential activity during your entire life cycle. But during pregnancy there are some precautions that you need to keep in mind to avoid unfortunate circumstances. This will ensure you a safe and healthy pregnancy.